I did a feature on Manila Design Week for the country's most circulated broadsheet, The Philippine Daily Inquirer. I'm quite happy about it but I realized something. People might assume that I'm a guy. "Knox Balbastro" has a very tough ring to it. It's more akin for the stage name of a boxer really. So here's a photo of me beside the 13,500 lollipop installation. The photo was taken by the talented John Ed de Vera who was not credited for the photos in the paper. 


The text on my "Highlights of Manila Design Week" did not make it to print. So, I'll post it here. 



1. Goofing Around with Tara
Designers had the chance to buddy up with the princess of poster design and Graphika Manila headliner Tara McPherson


2. Riot Caused by Edible Billboard
TBWA-SMP created a unique interactive billboard using 13,500 lollipops for Manila Design Week.


3. Manila Graffiti crew o take on the world
PSP won the Wall Lords challenge to represent Manila in the finals in Shanghai.


4. Dan Matutina Wins First Ever Cut & Paste Manila
Designers battled it out live in front of a crowd cheerers and jeerers.
Just as fun as watching a wrestling match, without the exaggerated groaning.



 5. Fashion Revelations
A photography graphic design collaboration that featured design icons like Tricia Gosingtian, photographer and celebrity cosplayer.

 Pictures care of Team Manila and John Ed de Vera