Despite living beside an MRT stop, I missed, "Rock the Riles" yesterday. I wish I could split myself into two sometimes. Instead of beating myself up for being busy (remember, busy is good), I'll just feel the vibe by watching this video collaboration to honor Rizal on his 150th year.
With the support of the National Historical Commission of the Philippines, the artists of ROCK ED PHILIPPINES got together to produce this song. Many many artists came together for this piece. The animated video was created by Arnold Arre. The song was composed by Francis de Veyra of RadioactiveSagoProject. Lyrics by Gang Badoy of Rock Ed. The song is part of Rock Ed's ROCK RIZAL album, a collection of songs in celebration of the 150th birth anniversary of Filipino hero Jose Rizal.
***
Music composed by Francis De Veyra. Lyrics by Gang Badoy. The singing by Rock Ed musicians - Aia de Leon, Vin Dancel, Ebe Dancel, Kris Dancel, Noel Cabangon, Lourd de Veyra, Gloc 9, Raimund Marasigan, Kakoy Legaspi, Jay Gapasin, Juan Miguel Lerma, Arwin Naval, Wowee Pards and more. Produced by Shinji Tanaka and Mark Laccay.