I went to Secret Fresh over the weekend to talk about their upcoming exhibit at MANILART 2011. I got a first-hand introduction to art toys- displayable sculptures that take inspiration from more traditional art. Think a 3D form of a painting. I think it's definitely a form of artistry worth exploring. Here are some of the local toy art figures that caught my eye.  
Bochog Manster by Nemo Aguila 
Rizalborg by JP Cuison 
 Rainbow Bringer by Bjorn Calleja
 Paley Pills by Christian Tamondong
I also got to meet some very cool people. From left to right: Toy maker Rommel Chua, Artist JP Cuison, Gallery manager Lena Cobangbang, Artist Christian Tamondong, Secret Fresh owner Big Boy Cheng, and Gallery assistant Robert Dim. Of course, that's me at the end. Thanks to Marlo Ongpin (not pictured) for all the awesome photos!
They gave me some complimentary tickets to MANILART but I was able to go to the gala event last night so I've decided to give them away. MANILART is happening now until Saturday. It's something special to do this long weekend, with a friend or with a special someone. Just leave a comment on the blog (not on FB please) to let me know why you'd like to go. Best answer by 12pm tomorrow (August 26) wins it!